Sunday, June 15, 2014

FYI - email exchange with a friend about sending money to help Novorossia

Dear friends,

FYI - here is an email exchange I had this morning with a friend which I hope might be of some relevance to those of you who might be contemplating the possibility to send some money to help the people of Novorossia.

Kind regards,

The Saker

-------

Hi Saker, I've commented on your blog occasionally. Thanks for providing that forum for us.
I saw on another blog ( http://sovietoutpost.revdisk.org/?p=186 ) that there evidently is a small organization called "Strelkov's Spetsnaz" that is getting some supplies to Strelkov and his men. I've tried googling it, but no success.

Would it possible, with your contacts, to find out how we, your readers, can donate to this effort - or if not this, then one like it? (I wish there was some way to get water to those people trapped in the besieged towns. But of course, the US/UKR powers-that-be are blocking any aid to them.)  I've read warnings from some in SE Ukraine against donating to any efforts there, as the money will disappear down a Ukrainian black hole of corruption. But since Strelkov himself mentioned this one, it sounds like it might be worth looking into.

Thank you so much for any info you can dig up on this.


Dear xxxxx,

Thanks a lot for your email, your interesting info (I never heard of this Strelkov's Spetsnaz) and for your kind and generous offer to help them.  However, I have to agree that you should not send money to the Ukraine and my contacts there have specifically warned me against doing so.  I wanted to send money to the refugee kids and my contacts replied with a categorical "NO!" because of the amazing corruption there.  However, and just to make you feel a little less sad, I can tell you that there is a lot of money in Russia and there are folks in Russia who are truly awash in money who can send it to Strelkov if they want to.  It is true that Strelkov and his men, as well as the local population in Slaviansk and Kramatorsk, do have shortages, but that is because Russia is really trying hard not to intervene openly at this point.  But I am confident that if/when needed they will be able to get the help they need.

The best thing you (and I) can do at this point is to circulate the information about the true state of affairs in the Ukraine.  There is an "information war" going on and we need all the help we can get in this information war.  If you use Facebook or Twitter - then post as much info about the Ukraine as you can, if not - then create a mailing list, write to your friends, start a blog, write to editors of news mags, etc. etc. etc.  The louder the "rumble" of our protest the better.
It is especially important to denounce the West's mind-boggling hypocrisy and double-standards and to demand basic justice for the people of the Ukraine and also demand that the regime in Kiev behave like a civilized one and not like a gang of lawless freaks.